Salvadoran PeperechasSalvadoran Peperechas
• 2 pounds of semi-strong flour
• 1 pound of butter
• 8 ounces sugar
• ½ teaspoon of baking powder
• ½ teaspoon of salt
• 1 cup of warm water
• Dulce de panela
• Red Sugar
1. On a table place the flour in a volcano looking shape. Open a hole in the center, add the sugar, salt, and the butter and mix everything together. Add water and make dough with your hands
2. Then, sprinkle flour on the table and roll the dough with a rolling pin to form a layer (half inch thick). Pick this layer and place on a square plate for baking cookies. Spray the entire surface lightly with grated panela candy (brown sugar candy), Spread some panela candy in the other half of the dough and then place one on top o f the other. Using a long kitchen knife cut the dough into long strips 3 inches wide,
3. Sprinkle with white sugar or red painted sugar the entire surface.
4. Bake at 375 ° fifteen to twenty minutes or until the peperechas look brown.
5. Remove from the oven, let them cool a few minutes and then using a spatula or knife remove them from the pan. Then place on plate dish or store them in a plastic container. Accompany this traditional dessert with coffee.
The Salvadoran creativity is much, that even in the names of the meals is appreciated and this dessert is no exception. Such is the case of the sweet bread known as "The Peperecha", named for the color similarity bread with too much makeup of some women, joke as a way adapted to the popular cuisine.
1 pound semi-strong flour or all-purpose
6 a 8 ounces of butter
5 ounces sugar
½ ounce of dry yeast or 1/2 tablespoon
½ cup water
¼ ounce of salt to 1 tablespoon
1/3 ounces of baking powder or 1 Royal flour ½ teaspoon
1 ounce bran or 8 tablespoons
Preparation of filler:
Pineapple jelly to taste
Dulce de grated panela (optional)
¼ cup white sugar
Coloring white sugar with red food coloring and book apart.
Rely on a table to make a wreath with the flour and mix all the ingredients. Add the dissolved yeast water and knead to form a single mass. Let stand 10 minutes.
Then divide the dough into 2 equal parts and stretch a hand on floured board and fill with jelly and on it the sweet brown sugar. Then cover with the other half previously stretched.
Sprinkle with sugar and cut before putting in the oven.
Hornear 350 ° Fahrenheit for grads 30 minutes.
NOTICEThe information presented in this Promotion Listing Services and destinations of El Salvador is a reference guide. Prices, rates, promotions or details such as the number of people, opening hours, input or output times, meal times, Cymbal ingredients, duration of tours, Sites on tour etc.. and phone numbers, websites or email addresses and physical, and other data can change without prior notice of the hotels, restaurants, Tour operators, inns and other businesses in the tourism industry in this digital catalog. The Ministry of Tourism and the Salvadoran Tourism Coorporación, and its advertising agency and any other company or individual subcontracted for lifting and collection of this information has no responsibility for any variation in the data. It is always suggested to respective queries to verify.