Paseo El Carmen, Santa Tecla
Paseo El Carmen is a stunning new attraction at the historic city of Santa Tecla, at the Libertad.
Here visitors can enjoy the architectural legacy of this city that was the Salvadoran capital for a few years. Paseo El Carmen is located along 1st West Street and its full of restaurants, bars, cafés and shops.
The main attraction at this site is the majestic church of El Carmen, a temple constructed in the eighteenth century and that is still standing despite the continuous earthquakes and extreme weather that has endured.
Local tourists wanting to relive the beauty of the old El Salvador visit this destination. Paseo El Carmen also shows new design trends as well as vernacular influences.
Paseo El Carmen comes alive in the afternoon and at night and it is a perfect place to walk and relax in safe environment.
On weekends there are the occasional festivals where locals offer special food and articles to visitors. They place their little stands on the sidewalk or on the main street.
Several musical rhythms sound as well. There are also displays of paintings and other artforms.
Where to eat
Numerous Paseo El Carmen has restaurants, coffee shops, bars and other dining options that also serve as cultural spaces where you can spend great evenings in the company of family or friends.
- Palacio Municipal de Santa Tecla:
- Coffee Bar Petrópolis: http://www.elsalvador.travel/cafe-bar-petropolis/
- Bokaditos Café: http://www.elsalvador.travel/bokaditos-cafe/
- Urban Art Café-Bar: http://www.elsalvador.travel/arte-urbano-cafe-% E2% 80% 93-bar /
- Soppas: http://www.elsalvador.travel/soppas/
- Olive’s Cafe and Bar: http://www.elsalvador.travel/oliva% C2% B4S-cafe-and-bar /
- Restaurant & The Bar Saucer: http://www.elsalvador.travel/el-platillo-restaurante-bar/
- Lima Limón Coffee Lounge: http://www.elsalvador.travel/lima-limon-cafe-louge/
- Bar-Café Verona: http://www.elsalvador.travel/verona-bar-cafe/
- Café-Bar El Quijote: http://www.elsalvador.travel/el-quijote-cafe-bar/
- The Bistro-Café Barquerena: http://www.elsalvador.travel/la-barquerena-bistro-cafe/
- Restaurant Los Portales: http://www.elsalvador.travel/restaurante-los-portales/
- D’Maiz: http://www.elsalvador.travel/d% C2% B4maiz-cafe-restaurant /
- Tin Café: http://www.elsalvador.travel/cafeteria-tin/
- Yemaya: http://www.elsalvador.travel/yemaya/
If you want to buy handicrafts can find them at: http://www.elsalvador.travel/galeria-de-tecla/ or temporary sales also are placed on the main street on weekends.
Where to stay
If you need to stay at a place adjacent to Paseo El Carmen, we suggest the following accommodation options: http://www.elsalvador.travel/el-patio-de-don-moncho-cafe-hotel/
How to get there
To get to Paseo El Carmen:
By car take first find the Municipality of Santa Tecla located on 2nd North Avenue. Drive on 7th north Avenue and turn left at the intersection with 3rd East Street (you will see San Antonio Community Hospital).
You can park your car at the City Hall during business hours (8:00 a. m. to 5:00 p.m.) for $ 0.35 per hour. You can also park at the nearby shopping centers for US$ 1.00.
Paseo El Carmen is located on 1st East Street.
Public transport routes that circulate in the area are: 42 (minibus) and 101-D “Special”. The fare is US$ 0.35.
- Http://paseoelcarmen.com.sv /
Height 3114 feet
N 13 ° 40,524 ‘
In 89 ° 17,332 ‘
NOTICEThe information presented in this Promotion Listing Services and destinations of El Salvador is a reference guide. Prices, rates, promotions or details such as the number of people, opening hours, input or output times, meal times, Cymbal ingredients, duration of tours, Sites on tour etc.. and phone numbers, websites or email addresses and physical, and other data can change without prior notice of the hotels, restaurants, Tour operators, inns and other businesses in the tourism industry in this digital catalog. The Ministry of Tourism and the Salvadoran Tourism Coorporación, and its advertising agency and any other company or individual subcontracted for lifting and collection of this information has no responsibility for any variation in the data. It is always suggested to respective queries to verify.